IT System Administrator
We are looking for a super talented individual to join our Italian IT team as we scale a truly world-class Enterprise SaaS product.
This position will be based at our headquarters in Piazzola sul Brenta (PD), Italy.
Role and responsibilities
IT systems (including networking) are business critical functions.
Systems administrators are responsible for the day-to-day operation of these systems and all the services provided by them.
They organize, install, and support server and client systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems.
THRON is also an heavy cloud computing based company, so there is the need to pursue an hybrid approach to infrastructure.
Being an agile company, system administrators are also involved in capacity planning, hw and sw buying decisions and are requested to contribute to the infrastructure/service evolution strategy.
Ensure service continuity for company critical IT systems.
Ensure quick intervention when issues arise.
Ensure complete monitoring and disaster recovery of systems
- Align organization’s IT systems to match company requirements
- Maintain network and computer systems operations and security to ensure that all systems are operating correctly
- Maintain all network hardware and software and make needed upgrades and repairs
- Evaluate and optimize network or system performance
- Manage company’s servers and services, desktop and mobile equipment
- Train users in the proper use of hardware and software and help them in daily operations (IT Help Desk)
- Manage VOIP infrastructure
- Maintain and optimize backups and disaster recovery infrastructure
- Maintain the energy power supply infrastructure to ensure service continuity during power outage
- Being open-minded and allow to doubt the past to plan the future (consider total refactoring or heavy duties to pursue better future)
- Ability to transform problems into actionable proposals.
- Ability to manage time in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Effective at developing working relationships with a range of people, including software developers, product managers, and senior leaders.
- Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies.
- High school graduate or better
- Past experience in managing and maintaining both Windows and Unix based systems
- Base experience with Cisco or Juniper network infrastructure
- Experience in manage Microsoft Active Directory
- Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange Server or Office365
- Familiarity with HyperV or VMWare virtual environment
Optional and desired
- Basic knowledge of AWS or other public cloud services
- Experience with Microsoft Cluster Environment
- Previous experience with HP Blade products