Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs.
THRON development team has adopted agile concepts to its own structure and needs: the product team is split into functionally autonomous teams that own specific macro-features of the product. In order to promote cross-group collaboration and communication on a technological level, we introduced specific virtual teams such as the Back-end and DevOps guilds. Within this dynamic ecosystem, you will have the chance to hone your back-end development skills collaborating with a team of passionate and dedicated developers. This position will also allow you to be in touch with the world’s leading international experts, to help open source projects, and to participate in leading European and International conferences for the technologies of interest.
Are you ready to measure yourself in a best-in-class teamwork and a fast-paced environment?
- Ability to transform problems into actionable proposals.
- Ability to manage time in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Effective at developing working relationships with a range of people, including software developers, product managers, and senior leaders.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated deep technical skills in software architecture and cloud computing.
- Experience in writing clean code to develop functional web applications.
- Ability to develop scalable, durable, cost-effective cloud services.
- Ability to create and define platform services, working closely with our team leaders and engineers as well as the front-end development team.
- Effective at prioritizing platform improvement projects against other roadmap priorities.
- Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies.
- Reactive Manifesto advocate.
- Java Senior.
- Production-level fluent knowledge of at least one server-side language with support for functional programming (e.g. Scala, Java8, Groovy, Clojure, Erlang, Go, Elixir, Haskell, OCaml, Racket).
- Production-level experience in NOSQL DB / Key-value stores (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Production-level experience in working on Service Oriented Architectures.
- Ability to write unit and integration testsuites and fluency with at least one mainstream JVM testing framework (e.g. Junit, TestNG, ScalaTest, Specs).
- Experience with continuous integration practices and especially build-triggered automated testing.
- Production-level experience with AWS technologies, cloud architectures, cloud deployment, infrastructure automation.
- Production-level fluent Scala language knowledge.
- Experience with Go, Python languages.
- Production-level experience in concurrent programming and actor paradigms (e.g. Akka, Parallel Universe Quasar/Pulsar, Erlang, ).
- Production-level automation experience and basic knowledge of involved technologies such as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins
- Business, functional and technical analysis, design and modelling skills (especially UML).
- JVM inner workings knowledge and experience with JVM-based metrics, management, profiling and benchmarking tools & practices (e.g. JMX, Metrics, VisualVM, Mission Control, ByteMan, JMH).
- ReST and LinkedData knowledge.
- Experience with modern Java / JVM frameworks (e.g. Jetty, JAX-RS server and client, JDBI, JOOQ, Retrofit, Spring, Parallel Universe Comsat, akka-http, Finch, Finagle, play-framework, shapeless, cats).