Senior Intern Operations
Strategic thinking, attention to detail and resilience should be coupled to a genuine passion for helping people through new technology. We do medical devices for people that suffer from chronic neurological diseases, but we sell them as if they were appealing consumer products. We need your help in building a hyper efficient operations machine: if you’re wondering how a textbook case study looks like before the case is written, this is the real deal.
What you’ll do
You will be a part of the Operations Team. In this role, you will be involved in Business Strategy, Marketing, and Logistics, helping us develop the best process and plan to expand our business and not to mention, improve people’s lives. Working at Empatica is a job to be proud of!
You will join an elite team of pros and will be involved in:
- Taking care of a project from start to finish
- Seeing your work in action in the real world, instead of a client’s deck
- Detailing a plan of action in your area that is feasible and executable with limited resources
- Executing against the oddest problems
- Get to see the results on customers and suppliers
Why work at Empatica
At Empatica you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where your impact will be recognizable from day one. You will face new challenges daily. Also, we are very very mission driven, we work hard literally to help change people’s lives.
The ideal candidate for this position:
Our ideal candidate loves strategy as much as the thrill of a rapidly growing startup. This is a great opportunity to apply your love for operational excellence. You have a genuine passion for meeting complex challenges head on and providing concrete solutions that will serve to make our operations machine hyper efficient. Together we’ll expand and improve our service for researchers and exceed our customer expectations – you’ll be adding to and advancing your skills all along the way.
Skills & Qualifications:
As the ideal candidate for this position you:
- Are enrolled in/graduating from an MBA program
- Must be a very quick learner
- Have pragmatic and execution mindset
- Have a genuine interest, passion and motivation in Empatica’s mission
- Are able to work as a team member or by yourself
- Are passionate about one of these topics: operations, sales, processes, marketing
- Are creative, collaborative and results driven
- Are able to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level
- Aspire to be a future leader
The ideal candidate for Empatica:
- Is a reliable and effective worker; working in a fast growing startup is not for everyone
- Is creative, fun and easy to work with
- Is comfortable in the fast-paced environment of a growing startup
- Is self-motivated, can excel in both unsupervised solo projects and in tight teamwork
- Lives and breathes our mission and is excited about our products
- Is passionate for not just meeting customer expectations, but exceeding them
- Has a growth mindset and learns quickly
- Is a critical thinker and always questions dogma, status quo, and the conventional way of doing things
From the get go, you’ll be exposed to Marketing (for our consumer business), Sales (for our research b2b business), Business Development, Logistics, Finance and People Ops (HR). The best part is that you get to see all the pieces of our company in the span of a few months. You will have a front row seat of the inner machine running the show at a buzzing and energetic startup and be contributing directly to the running and growth of the company.
Language requirement: Fluent English, mother tongue appreciated!
We expect a lot from you, but your efforts will be rewarded by great benefits:
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Boston HQ or at our Milan, Italy office. We also have an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more…