QA Automation Engineer
- Reviewing product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare test cases.
- Planning, designing and implementing release and testing plans.
- Building and maintaining effective automated tools to run unit, integration and acceptance tests.
- Growing and consolidating a testing culture within Empatica.
- Coaching developers on best practices to improve code quality.
- Working with our data team to ensure research algorithms are behaving the same in both research and production environments.
- Working with devops to make sure the testing process is fast and seamless for developers.
- Evaluating bug reports, reproducing reported issues and making sure the issues are covered for the future.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to improve the test process.
- Documenting test cases and the test process.
Why work at Empatica
At Empatica you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where your impact will be recognizable from day one. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won’t be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has more than 2 years of experience in automation testing tools for Web.
- Is a pioneer at heart creating innovative solutions and not afraid to work independently
- Loves clean and tested code.
- Has experience in writing, executing and validating tests across the full test spectrum (functional, non-functional, regression, integration, performance, load, UAT, security).
- Has experience in setting up test automation frameworks and automating API testing
- Has experience with mocking techniques for frameworks in unit testing
- Has worked with cloud based testing environments.
- Has working experience with CI/CD environments.
- Has knowledge in TDD/BDD methodologies.
- (plus) Has experience with mobile testing.
The ideal candidate for Empatica:
- Is a reliable and effective worker; working in a fast growing startup is not for everyone.
- Is creative, fun and easy to work with.
- Is self-motivated, can excel in both unsupervised solo projects and in tight teamwork.
- Is passionate about our products and our mission, driven by customers’ needs.
- Has a growth mindset and learns quickly.
- Is a critical thinker and always questions dogma, status quo, and the conventional way of doing things.
We expect a lot from you, but your efforts will be rewarded by great benefits:
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free healthy lunch – yes, being in Italy, it’s something you should care about!
- Organic Fresh Fruits
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Gym membership
- Massages every week
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more…