We are looking to add a skilled and passionate Data Scientist to our team in New York. This individual will work closely with vendors, clients, project/program managers, and IT teams to turn data in critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions. This person will present their findings to the business by exposing assumptions and validation work in a way that can be easily understood by business counterparts. The person who fills this position will be responsible for everything from data exploration and initial prototyping to deployment of data driven production code. Please submit all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the email subject: Data Scientist (NYC).
- Modeling complex business problems.
- Designing experiments, testing hypotheses, and building models.
- Conducting advanced data analysis and highly complex algorithms.
- Applying advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve decision systems.
- Leading discovery processes with stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcomes.
- Working with business analysts by suggesting other products of interest to the client.
- Modeling and framing business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact critical business processes and/or decisions.
- Discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques.
- Providing data that is congruent and reliable.
- Proposing innovation ways to look at problems on the set of information available.
- Validating your findings using an experimental and iterative approach.
- Relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Experience using machine learning algorithms.
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
- Strong programming skills (R, Python, Scala, Java, Spark), statistical modeling
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, and optimization algorithms.
- Experience with geospatial or mapping technologies
- Experience with AWS
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org